No parent who is not proud of his son if always be the best. On the other hand, there is no teacher who is not proud of all the students have the ability to read well. However, parents and teachers had the same problem, not all children have the same abilities. Not all students have the same intelligence. Not to mention if the child has Dyslexia.
In the world of science known term Dyslexia. Dyslexia comes from the Greek, namely dyslexia. Dys is defined as difficulty, lexis meaning word. According to Chief Executive of Dyslexia Association of Indonesian daily, dr. Kristiantini Goddess, Sp A, and dyslexia is a neurobiological disorder characterized by difficulty in spelling words correctly. Meanwhile, according to Chritchley (1970), dyslexia is a difficulty learning to read, write and spell . Find more information on Tee Junction from www.teejunction.com.au
Causes of Dyslexia
Children with more dileksia due to hereditary factors (based on the history of his parents), impaired hearing factors, so the brain is not able to respond well to all commands in the hearing or due to both factors
Symptoms of Dyslexia
Symptoms that occur in general and the easiest to know is:
(1) The difficulty or slowness children to remember or recognize letters.
(2) Difficulty children to distinguish words that sound similar, “dig” or “salary” and the like.
(3) difficulty / slowness to spell double consonant letters, ng, ny, tr, sr, pr etc..
(4) Always repeat / always spell when reading, for example: bu bu bu mind,
(5) Difficulty in setting the sentence.
(6) others prefer to call my friend, the teacher, the old man, because of the difficulty to remember things comprehensively.
(7) the writing is usually irregular, small to large, up and down, back and forth structure, etc. (8) ruled directly rather than on carrying out the written order.
With this condition, we as parents and educators should be able to provide different handlers with other students. As can be given by parents and teachers is one of them:
(1) give special attention and encouraging children. Do not let children be inferior to a friend or father / mother teacher.
(2) Give the repetition to train the child’s memory.
(3) Give a clear command and not too long.
(4) Do not be too hard on the material that we provide.
(5) Start of introduction letters that are considered firm and easily by children.
(6) Do not teach the readings that have a similar sound, B and D, C and Z and so on.
(7) Come up and repeat their abilities.
(8) Pendamlah in the child’s weaknesses.
(9) Give a longer time allocation at the time of the exam.
We as parents and teachers should not be discouraged for the dyslexic disorder. Even some world leaders the caliber of Albert Einstein, Magic Johnson, Thomas Edison, Alexander Graham Bell, Ton Cruise, JFK had experienced brain disorders.
However, we as educators must be able to detect the deficiencies learners. We must always be aware of the shortcomings children as our inability to teach, not because of the low ability students. Like a sheet of white paper, each child has the ability and space to insert the same volume and the same time.